sunday, 7th may 2023. centennial park, Sydney
OR WALK VIRTUALLY BETWEEN 1ST - 7TH MAY. ANYWHERE!
- Surya Gollavilli just donated $20
- fabliha Haque just donated $20
- Anonymous just donated $20
- Bridgena Hartley just donated $50
- Matthew Hillier just donated $100
- Stephanie Filandros just donated $50
- CR just donated $50
- JAMES COLLOPY just donated $200
- Ava Kuehn just donated $50
- Anonymous just donated $50
- Sasha just donated $20
- Genevieve Hughes just donated $15
- Audrey Gill just donated $10
- Heidi Gerber just donated $20
- Michaela Allen-Waters just donated $20
- Jade Derwin just donated $20
- stella reed just donated $15
- Lilly Graebner just donated $50
- Erin Dunn just donated $15
- Peter Stronach just donated $50
WHAT IS WALK FOR WAGEC?
Walk for WAGEC is a 5km walk or 10km run to raise money so that women and children can walk away from violence.
Join us in person on 7th May at Centennial Park, Sydney. Or walk virtually between 1st - 7th May anywhere.
Our goal is to collectively raise $250,000 which will help deliver crucial programs for women that:
- Build financial independence
- Nurture healing and well-being
- Enrich children’s development
- Prevent violence from happening in the first place
WHO IS WAGEC?
Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) is a feminist, grassroots organisation that supports women and families in crisis and advocates for social change in the community. We are based in Redfern, Sydney and work on the lands of the Gadigal and Wangal people of the Eora Nation.
Every night, we support 200 women and children impacted by homelessness, domestic violence and social disadvantage. We do this by providing material aid, case management, biopsychosocial support, accommodation and crisis responses. Equally we seek to address the underlying causes of gender-based violence through primary prevention activities with communities and private and public entities that want to be a part of the global movement to end gender-based violence in a generation.
"I loved the walk! Catching up with good friends, the speeches and feeling part of a supportive group. Knowing what a great cause it is we are fundraising for made it a particularly special experience!"
Elijah, In-Person Walker, 2022
"I loved hearing the speeches and seeing politicians get involved for such a great cause. It was truly inspiring and heart-warming and definitely made me feel empowered."
Maya, In-Person Runner, 2022
"I love that the virtual option exists. It was an easy way to connect with my team and do something with impact, on my own time!"
Alex, Virtual Walker, 2022
"The sense of unity that came from completing the walk with a team was like nothing else. I will be back next year with bells on."